As Starco’s Factory Manager, your primary responsibility will be to lead, direct and oversee the cassava starch factory administration and operations activities and ensure that the vision of the company is constantly on track and that the factory is running profitably. As Starco is currently looking to grow, the FM should be able to design and implement a factory and all Starch and by product processes and departments from the ground up. You will report directly to the Managing Director.
- Having Good understanding and knowledge of all starch production industry processes and best practices.
- Prepare strategic and operational plans for Factory to ensure that all necessary tools, processes and systems are in place to meet the requirements of the business and contribute to the achievement of short and long-term goals of the company.
- Manage and provide oversight for the implementation of any strategy or plan that management decides on.
- Ensure development, implementation and maintenance of all policies related to operations including; procurement, distribution and asset management.
- Coordination with marketing and merchandising teams for future orders, present order status, and product costing and to discuss capacity status of the factory. He takes decision to accept any order or not when there is less margin.
- Production planning, material planning and machinery planning is done or reviewed by him.
- Production monitoring and follow up day to day production from each line and ensures that production units meet the production target.
- Factory work study/industrial engineering: Follow up industrial engineering functions and systems.
- Quality of the finished product: He ensures that factory produces quality product at all cost. He ensures that only quality goods are shipped to the buyers.
- Ensures smooth flow of information and material from one department to another. He resolves inter-departmental issues if there is any.
- Assist and perform other related duties as required.
- Office, Factory and Field as necessary
- 10 yrs. experience in a similar role or as deemed sufficient by the group.
- Must be a good communicator and must be able interact regularly and comfortably across various departments - from individual to the Management Team level to negotiate solutions that foster strong relationships and continued success of the project.
- Have Experience with food or rice industry.
- Experience in cassava bio-ethanol production is a strong asset.
- Expert with at least 5 years in diverse areas encompassing Operations and Maintenance in cassava starch plant, Installation, Commissioning, Project Planning & Management.
- Proven experience in handling raw materials for cassava starch production.
- Organize and execute production in-line with planned production schedule during commissioning.
- To maintain the parameter to achieve standard specification of cassava starch.
- Good knowledge of Industrial Standards and Safety Norms, while commissioning projects; demonstrated capability in installation, commissioning, operations and maintenance of a wide range of process machinery/equipment and process operation of cassava starch plant.
- Focused and hardworking professional equipped with thorough knowledge and technical understanding coupled commercial know how.
- Must be willing to relocate to Nigeria.
- Organizational skills are essential
- Degree/ Diploma holder in in engineering, chemistry, agricultural agronomy or any other related.
How to Apply
Send your CV to the below address and use the Job Title and the subject of the mail
We thank you in advance for considering employment with us.