As Maple Kitchen’s Bakery General Manager, your primary responsibility will be to lead, direct and oversee the Bakery administration and operations activities and ensure that the vision of the company is constantly on track and that the Bakery is running profitably. As Maple is currently looking to grow, the BM should be able to design and implement an industrial class bakery and all production processes and departments from the ground up.
- Having Good understanding and knowledge of all bread and other pastry production industry processes and best practices.
- Prepare strategic and operational plans for the bakery to ensure that all necessary tools, processes and systems are in place to meet the requirements of the business and contribute to the achievement of short and long-term goals of the company.
- Manage and provide oversight for the implementation of any strategy or plan that management decides on.
- Ensure development, implementation and maintenance of all policies related to operations including; procurement, distribution and asset management.
- Coordination with marketing and merchandising teams for future orders, present order status, and product costing and to discuss capacity status of the factory. He takes decision to accept any order or not when there is less margin.
- Production planning, Material planning and machinery planning is done or reviewed by him.
BAKERY MANAGER (MAPLE KITCHEN AND CONFECTIONARY)
- Production monitoring and follow up day to day production from each line and ensures that production units meet the production target.
- Training staff to produce high-quality bakery items while following proper food handling procedures.
- Quality of the finished product: Inspecting bakery items to ensure that established standards on quality, uniformity, and aesthetic appeal are met.
- Ensures smooth flow of information and material from one department to another. He resolves inter-departmental issues if there is any.
- Assist and perform other related duties as required.
- Mostly office/bakery environment but field as necessary
- 10 yrs. experience in a similar role or as deemed sufficient by the group.
- Must be a good communicator and must be able interact regularly and comfortably across various departments - from individual to the Management Team level to negotiate solutions that foster strong relationships and continued success of the project.
- Must be willing to relocate to Nigeria
- Degree holder in Culinary Arts/food handling/ Pastry Arts or relevant discipline is an advantage.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven experience managing a bakery.
- Sound knowledge of different baking techniques.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Excellent management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service and techno-commercial skills.
How to Apply
Send your CV to the below email address and use the job title as the subject
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you in advance for considering employment with us.