Winock provides equipment to micro-businesses, such as rooftop solar, industrial tailoring machine, freezer, water pump e.t.c.. Winock is improving the productivity of these micro-businesses and as a result, gradually creating prosperity in Sub-Sahara Africa.
Winock is seeking a committed and proactive collections officer to liaise with customers on debt recovery management. The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar role in the past and will be highly fluent in written and verbal English and pidgin. The role reports to the Collections supervisor.
- Receive list of new customers from the Accounting team first thing in the morning and add the new customers to the collections list.
- Send daily payment reminder text message to all debtors.
- Proactively make daily payment demand calls to debtors that had been previously reached, promised to pay but failed to pay on the promised day
- Proactively make daily payment demand calls to debtors that have missed their due payment the previous day
- Ensure that all debtors have been called before the end of each day
- Constantly monitor the collections list to ensure that customers do not owe beyond the agreed payment date
- Daily input clear and easy to understand status update comments for each debtor on the collections list
- Update category of debtors daily to enable Collections supervisor to determine customers that need to be visited
- Provide daily clear and easy to understand reports to Collections supervisor and Accounting team
- Provide insights and suggestions to the supervisor on how the collections process can be improved
- Provide daily list of debtors that are due for visitation to the Repossession team
- Follow up daily with the repossession team to ensure that debtors have been visited
- Be the bridge between the Repossession and Accounting team on customer communications.
- Proactively provide timely insight to the Collections supervisor on challenges faced by the Collections team as a result of inefficiencies in other departments
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- Minimum second class upper B.Sc / BA/HND in Business administration, social sciences, banking, accounting, finance or related fields.
- Minimum 2 years’ demonstrable experience working as a collections officer or loan. officer for a respectable micro-finance bank or similar organisation.
- Professional qualifications will be highly advantageous.
- Good working knowledge of debtor and recovery management.
- Good knowledge of micro-finance.
- Past experience using excel or similar program is essential.
- Past experience using Microsoft word or similar program is essential.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English and Pidgin is essential.
- Good working knowledge is mathematics is essential.
- Strong attention to detail is essential.
- Knowledge of Accounting software such as Quickbooks or BankOne will be highly advantageous.
REQUIRED CULTURAL ATTRIBUTES
- Commitment to Winock’s vision and mission.
- Ability to listen objectively.
- Ability to objectively give and receive criticism.
- Ability to speak up when necessary.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Willingness to celebrate others.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Strong proactiveness.
- Ability to be transparent.