Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring timely and cost-effective procurement while adhering to client requirements and proper procurement practices.
- Track orders from placement through delivery.
- Maintain status report.
- Prepare, issue and evaluate standard procurement documents including bid lists, request for quotation and commercial bid evaluation.
- Inspect goods upon delivery to ensure that the standards of quality are met and the appropriate quantity has been received
- Working with vendors to secure the appropriate goods and coordinate delivery.
- Responsible for inspecting materials for both quality and quantity.
- Work with vendors to determine a reasonable rate and to coordinate the timing and means of delivery
- Handle any related to vendor service, such as poor product quality or delivery delays
- Find solutions to budget limitations, vendor errors, and other problems as they arise
- Keep an inventory of goods on hand
- Weekly and monthly reporting for management.
- Minimum B.Sc/HND degree equivalent in recognized institution
- 2 years experience in expediting role. Oil and Gas sector experience is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of Freight and Forwarding.